Thread: Glock 9mm without booster. Good idea/bad idea

Glock 9mm without booster. Good idea/bad idea

I read some time ago about people using "D" main springs and 10 pound recoil springs in their Beretta 92 so they could shoot without a recoil booster in their can.

I recently saw a Abraxis can that has no booster, it is the same size as my Spectre and must be filled with grease. This can is intended to be used on a Glock 19.

I am wondering if it would be possible make a dedicated suppressor slide for a Glock. To lighten the slide and use a lighter recoil spring to get a Glock 19 to work with someting like a Trident with the fixed mount? The real question is, how much material can be safely removed from the slide before you have simply ruined the gun.

I know it's probably a bad idea but, hey if it could work, no more crap getting blown in my face from the booster.

Its not entirely the slides fault. Its the tilting barrel, if there isn't enough energy from the slide cycling to lift the barrel then it will jam.

We will gladly experiment with it on a Glock19 with a Trident if someone were to donate a Glock19 and not expect it back.

Seems like an awful lot of work to do to avoid using a booster. There is still plenty of blowback without the booster and a fixed mount/barrel on the Beretta92.

Well, I guess that answers that.

Bad idea.